AYURVEDIC LIVING BLOG
Discover the vast benefits and many uses of magnesium, signs of deficiency and why it's the mineral most utilized by the body for the widest variety of functions with Dr. Marianne Teitelbaum.
To learn more about magnesium check out Dr. Teitelbuam's website:
Ayurveda Exercise for Winter
According to Ayurveda, the winter is dominated with the vibrational nurturing energy of the moon known as soma. When the sun begins its slumber each winter, the moon dominates. As a result, winter is known as a vibrationally nurturing time of the year where we have the opportunity to create tremendous immunity, bliss and health, if only we...
8 Ways Gratitude Enhances Your Well Being
As many of us know, gratitude feels good. And as science is proving more everyday, gratitude affects both our psychology as well as our physiology. Below are 8 ways gratitude has been shown to enhance our wellbeing. Thanksgiving is a perfect time to reflect on and embrace the daily or morning practice of...
Learn ayurvedic self-massage with Traci Webb and Margie Hunter, Author of Transcending MS, including the deeper hidden meanings, connections to the moon, and benefits of how to do daily warm oil self-massage known as abhyanga.
- why ayurvedic warm oil self-massage known as abhyanga is a favorite ayurvedic daily routine for many
- what the MOON and abhyanga have in common ...
3 Chill Pills
to Soothe Summer Anger
with Traci Webb
1. Do not postpone your meals - this will overheat your liver (the "seat of anger") and will eat away at your reserve energy ("ojas") leaving you with diminished endurance to stress and more likely to flare up for no reason.
2. Take 15 minute vacations once an hour. Here are some ayurvedic ideas for you......
Top 3 Ayurveda Bugout Bag Must Haves:
1. Oil, Oil, Oil!
- Oil applied to your skin, supports the deep release of stress and tension and deactivates your nervous system our of fight-or-flight sympathetic nerve response, and softens it into "rest & digest" parasympathetic mode.
Calm and rejuvenate your nervous system 1-2 times a day by receiving an ayurveda daily warm oil...
What to do to support your lungs during a smoky air wildfire crisis?
The epithelial cells of your lungs are the delicate inner "lining" where the environment and lung cells interface. It's here that toxins and damage from what we breathe in will first create an imbalance and deposit toxins.
Here are few simple protocols, herbs and foods to arm you with some ayurvedic lung armor during...
Channeling Anger about Social Injustices...
We are witnessing a planetary shift in consciousness.
A time when violence and brutality against our black brothers and sisters is no longer tolerated. A time where other nationalities and countries across the planet are at long last reaching out their hands, their voices, their pocket...
Grab Your FREE 3-Part 'Ayurveda Basics' Video Training
PLUS get weekly ayurveda tips, recipes & inspiration right to your inbox!
* Your contact information is never shared or sold.