Ayurveda Style Almond Milk RecipeDec 13, 2022
Almond Milk Recipe
- 40 almonds-approximately 2 handfuls (soaked overnight in water, remove strain in the morning and discard almond skins)
- 6 dates soaked in 4 cups room temperature water over night-remove seeds/pits in the morning (do no discard water in the morning, you will use it for the base of the almond milk)
- 1-2 pinches of salt to taste
- 1-2 pinches of vanilla powder or a 1” piece of vanilla root sliced lengthwise and seeds removed (you can use just the seeds or the seeds and the rest of the “shell”)
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- Blend all ingredients well until almonds have been as broken down as possible
- Strain and enjoy!
- *Tip: Reserve strained almond paste to garnish your oatmeal or mash with dates and walnuts and cardamom and raisins for snacks, or us as a base to make almond “burfi” dessert or as almond flour when cooking.